Technicaldan
Technicaldan, Technician
Experience:  Accredited
94166128

Richard My 04 Jaguar XJR just gave me a "Gearbox Fault '

Customer Question

Hi Richard
My 04 Jaguar XJR just gave me a "Gearbox Fault ' indication on the info screen.
Iparked the car, and an hour later started the car and the "Gearbox Fault" message was gone and did not reappear.
Any idea's
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Technicaldan replied 6 months ago.
Hello, you would need to get your cars on board diagnostics system scanned for any logged fault codes, this would need to be a scanner that is capable of reading the transmission control module, not necessarily a main dealer but some of the cheaper ones only get you powertrain, ABS & SRS.There are many reasons it would display that message and the code will be needed to narrow down the diagnostics path.I am assuming it is an automatic, the ZF 6HP26 6 speed automatic gearbox.They are unfortunately rather complicated and expensive should there be a major fault, although the code has disappeared off the information screen I would advise getting the stored codes read as soon as possible.