Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Bought a new battery and l keep getting configure on my

Customer Question

Bought a new battery and l keep getting configure B on my message center xj8 2004
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Jaguar. The Jaguar Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I had the new battery put in and the red and ***** *****ghts are flashing. Message center says configure B
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Me or someone that knows about cars.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jaguar Mechanic should know about your Jaguar?
Customer: The alarm keeps going off every day especially at night
JA: A blaring car alarm can be frustrating and (for you and your neighbors.) The mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Is everything in the vehicle working properly except for the configuration B warning? Can I have the last six of your VIN?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
G07589