Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehciles

I have a 1998 Jaguar XJ-R with 87 thousand miles. It has

Customer Question

I have a 1998 Jaguar XJ-R with 87 thousand miles. It has been well kept up, with a new belt. Question: is it time to sell? How dependable I'll it be after 100K miles? Thanks.
Ray Klein ***@******.***
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will try to assist you today
I don't think its time to sell , especially yours is supercharged, the engine has a timing chain , its is recommended to change at 60,000 miles,so u might think of doing that if not done . u can buy kit for 500 in case it start rattling, some issues with wheel bearings because of the heavy wheels on it so it mght need some wheel bearings down the road around 600 . if you are the first owner and been baying it I will definetly keep , just keep regural maintenance on it .
Please let me know if u need any more info on it , any schedule maintenance , R & R procedure , diagrams , nice car I will keep it if I was you :).​A POSITIVE RATING IS MUCH APRECIATED. THANK YOU