Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehciles
45790705

OH NO!!! I accidentally shut off the ignition before the

Customer Question

OH NO!!! I accidentally shut off the ignition before the convertible top latched when moving to the top up position. Now I cannot get it to move either way. This is a 2014 XK. Is there a way that I can reset it?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 6 months ago.
Hi , my name is ***** ***** sorry to hear about you car problem .get in the car and cranked up ( engine running) and hold your finger on the closed convertible top button for at least one minute ,that should bring the top sequence back to normal.if that don't work there is another way by going in the trunk and loosening the pressure of the pump if that was hydraulic issue , but I believe the latch is electrical so holding the button should reset it.Let me know what happens with it .
Hope I was helpful to you , A 5 STAR Positive rating is Appreciated. please let us know if u need anything else in future .Thanks