Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I have a 3.0 jaguar 2003 and i need to change the alternator JA:

Customer Question

i have a 3.0 jaguar 2003 and i need to change the alternator
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Jaguar. The Jaguar Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: altenator seeized up
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes, iim looking for a step guide to replace it
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: i looked at it, looked like a pain in my ass. so i went to google
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jaguar Mechanic should know about your Jaguar?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Replacing the alternator is not that difficult however the a/c compressor needs to be removed. Since the system is under pressure and filled with refrigerant special equipment is need to properly evacuate and recharge the system. You can have a shop do that part of the job then when your done with the replacement they can reinstall the refrigerant that was removed. I will send over the procedures.