Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

My 2003 s-type is showing restrictive performance and is hesitating.

Customer Question

My 2003 s-type is showing restrictive performance and is hesitating. I've heard about a reset button somewhere cab you help me?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Jaguar. The Jaguar Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I don't know much to tell you, I'm not driving it right now, afraid I will do some damage. The light stays on and I parked it after I got a strong hesitation.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I'm not a machanic but if it's as simple as a reset button I think I can handle that.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jaguar Mechanic should know about your Jaguar?
Customer: No, thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Unfortunately there is no reset button of any kind however usually just turning off the vehicle for a few minutes will reset the warning. It will return if the engine control module detects the fault again. It could be a number of engine sensors or actuators. To be sure we will need to have the ECM scanned for the stored fault codes. A Jag factory tool will be needed to do this but we can try using a generic OBD II scan tool available at your local parts store to see if we can read fault codes. They will be a P followed by four digits. If you can get me the codes we should have an idea of the possible causes. Also please check the battery and cable connections. Let me know.