Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Replace heater hose 2003 Jaguar Vanden plas heater hose under

Customer Question

Replace heater hose 2003 Jaguar Vanden plas heater hose under intake
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Jaguar. The Jaguar Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Heater hose is busted under the intake is there a way around taking off the intake
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, I'm very mechanical
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I see where the hose hooked up at the front of the motor but trying to make sure where does it come out from the back side heading to the heater pump
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jaguar Mechanic should know about your Jaguar?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Unfortunately it is very difficult to replace the Jose without removing the intake. Releasing the spring clamp then sliding the Jose off is the major issue. Removing the intake is not that difficult. I can send you over the procedure if you would like.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Send it to me please, is there a way to block the hose off just in case I need to drive it to the shop
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Here is the procedure. The only thing you can try is pinching off the hose with pliers or vise grips but I don't recommend driving very far.