Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Bought a cat d 07 x type told it was a runner. Pressed engine

Customer Question

Bought a cat d 07 x type told it was a runner. Pressed engine cut out button but car won't fire up.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Jaguar. The Jaguar Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Engine turns over and have fuel at the injectors. No warning lights on dash. Just won't fire.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: What code ?
JA: It's a tool that mechanics use to help diagnose what's wrong with a car. Not to worry - the mechanic will know how to find that out. Are you hoping to fix this yourself? It's a tool that mechanics use to help diagnose what's wrong with a car. Not to worry - the mechanic will know how to find that out.
Customer: Hopping to sort it myself so I can then get the body damage repaired and start to use it. Have already replaced off side coil spring.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jaguar Mechanic should know about your Jaguar?
Customer: Not sure if anything has been taken from fuse board in the engine bay. Everything else on the car works.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
So right now the engine is cranking strong but not starting? How did you check for fuel? Can I have the last six of your VIN?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
J27 268. I undone a nut on top of injector .