Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

GA-Jaguar XJ8: I have an XJ8 2001 Jaguar I ordered a replacement

Customer Question

I have an XJ8 2001 Jaguar I ordered a replacement radio installed it the screen works with all the navigation and radio station showing but no sound comes out. Is there some kind of block code associated with the radio that needs to be updated?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Depending on if the vehicle is fitted with premium sound there is a switch that needs to be moved on the radio. Look at your old radio and you will see this. Then make sure the new one is the same.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I found the switch on the radio network support was excellent
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Great. Glad I was able to help. Please rate my response at your earliest convenience.
Expert:  James-cssm replied 6 months ago.
Hi Davey,
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. http://www.justanswer.com/jaguar/9p18d-jaguar-xj8-xj8-2001-jaguar-ordered-replacement.html. Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
If you no longer need assistance and satisfied with my answers please provide a positive rating. Thanks.