Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.

Can I purchase the quick coupler on back of p/s pump

Customer Question

Can I purchase the quick coupler on back of p/s pump for the pressure switch line on a 2000 Jaguar S-Type
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Jaguar. The Jaguar Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Trying to replace pressure switch line and there is a quick coupler on the back of p/s pump that we can not get loose. Maybe requires a special tool. If I can just purchase the quick coupler I would be home free
JA: The Jaguar Mechanic's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: How much and when can I get the answer and what if they don't know the answer
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes. This is an auto repair shop. We purchased the switch and hose from jaguar dealer
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Removed the quick coupler from back of pump with the switch still connected but we can not get them to seperste
JA: Is there anything else the Jaguar Mechanic should be aware of about your Jaguar?
Customer: Nothing more at this time
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.
Can I have the last six of your VIN?