peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

No passenger side window will not open from master switch

Customer Question

No passenger side window will not open from master switch but if you open it from the passenger side you can close it from master switch even if you press down on switch it goes up all windows go up & down from remote ok plus have tried holding all switches up for 3 seconds to reset
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 11 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. From what you have described here this sounds like a fault with the master/drivers side window switch assembly.The wiring signals pass through this switch for proper operation and this switch can fail commonly internally causing this issue here needing replaced as I have seen before.The motor is o.k. as well as the wiring as the passenger side switch does work so this leaves the master drivers side switch assembly needing replaced for this fault here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I've changed switch
Did this issue occur with the old and new switch or only after the switch was replaced?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
With both.... you can here a small click sometimes from passenger side when operating the master switch plus when pass side is open you can put the window up from master switch but if you push up or down it goes up
Looking at the diagrams on this model here.The passenger window signal is sent from the drivers master switch to the passenger window itself as well as from the drivers switch to the passenger switch then from the passenger switch to the passenger window.So after re checking this there is a chance the wiring is at fault leading from the master drivers switch to the passenger window since it does splice and feed it separately.Thus would be the white wire and white wire with green stripe leading off the master switch to the passenger window.I would trace and check this wiring for any issues and any issues found will need repaired to correct this fault here. Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok will have a look thanks peter
Your welcome.Let me know what you locate here and if you need anything else. Thanks Pete