Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

All window work ok but n JA: Sometimes things that you think

Customer Question

All window work ok but n
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Jaguar. The Jaguar Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Not from driver side the passenger side will not go down but if opened from the passenger side you can close it from driver side if you push down still goes up
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Changed driver side switch and tried holding up the switches for 5 seconds on all switches plus all windows go up and down from remote
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jaguar Mechanic should know about your Jaguar?
Customer: 2004 xj 350 v6 3.0
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
Looks like your question did not come through all the way. Are you saying that only the driver window will work from the master switch?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No passenger side window will not open from master switch but if you open it from the passenger side you can close it from master switch even if you press down on switch it goes up all windows go up & down from remote ok plus have tried holding all switches up for 3 seconds to reset
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
OK. Can I have the last six of your VIN?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
G33582 have also changed master switch
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
OK we may have a problem with the door module. First disconnect just the negative battery terminal cable for about 30 minutes to allow us the module to reset. We then can perform some tests with a digital multimeter. Let me know.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can't do this till tomorrow plus don't have multi meter
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
OK let me know tomorrow.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Will do
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
Keep me posted with any