Kurt Kennedy
Kurt Kennedy, ASE master with L1
Experience:  Shop foreman at Auto-Lab of Texas
93876653

Jaguar Xf supercharged: My 2010 xf supercharged motor sounds

Customer Question

My 2010 xf supercharged motor sounds like a box of rocks...just started today. Sounds like it's the top of the motor, supercharger maybe. Very concerned...it's an ugly noise, like its gonna fall apart.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Kurt Kennedy replied 9 months ago.
Sorry to hear your Xf is making some strange noises. Luckily, this is not a to uncommon issue and there is actually a service bulletin out for what you are describing. The spring issolator kit that the bulletin is referring to is the Snout or front part of the supercharger. I attached a parts diagram, in that picture, the part in question is number: 8 If you have an extended warranty, they should cover this repair for you. Or if you have been to your local Jaguar dealership, you may approach them about a good will and see if that is something they can help you out with since this is a common issue. Please do not forget to rate me after reading my reply. The rating system is the only way for this website to grade and track my performance. As always, please feel free to ask any other question you have any this or my reply and I am always more than happy to help anyway I can.Thank you!