Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as an Automotive tech
7276279

Car sat all winter in garage. ran fine prior to that. battery

Customer Question

car sat all winter in garage. ran fine prior to that. battery good. cranking away but no start, not even a stutter. 1994 xjs v12.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Jaguar. The Jaguar Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: no error codes showing up. just no start.
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Is there anything else the Jaguar Mechanic should be aware of about your Jaguar?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Ronnie replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.In order for the engine to start and run you need good spark to the spark plugs, injector pulse and proper fuel pressure. In order to determine what is keeping the engine from starting you need to start with checking each one of these things to see which one you are lacking. If you find you have good spark to the spark plug also make sure the spark plugs are not fuel fouled from setting. Normal fuel pressure should be right at 29 to 33 PSI. Post back with the result and what you lacking and we can work from there to determine the cause.