Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.

Jaguar s type: I have a 2007 Jaguar s type which is quite reliable,

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Jaguar s type which is quite reliable, p until now. I have a parkbrake fault message, and I can't seem to get the parking brake to release. I haven't been home in a few months, buit the cart started just fine. Guesses?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.
Usually I see this when the battery voltage is low. First check the battery and cable connections to make sure all are clean and secure. If so make sure the battery is fully charged. In some cases the parking brake control module needs to be reprogrammed and calibrated with the Jag factory tool. We can perform a calibration reset by disconnecting just the negative battery cable. When you reconnect it start the engine and pump the brakes. Then hold your foot on the brake then pull up the parking brake switch to see if it will reset.