Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.

And i have a 2009 xkr conv. and i think

Customer Question

my name is gary and i have a 2009 xkr conv. and i think it is in lockdown mode.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Jaguar. The Jaguar Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: i left the key fob out of the car and my grandson tried to start it several times without the key fob. when i tried to start it the lights started flashing all the dashlights were flashing and the car would not start
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: i disconected the battery for 2 minutes and then reconnected it hoping that it would reset the computer but to no avail
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jaguar Mechanic should know about your Jaguar?
Customer: the radio sometimes will not come on but it fixes itself i think
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.
The battery may just be weak or drained from it being energized when trying to start. I recommend we keep the battery disconnected and perform a full charge on it. We can also remove it and take it to your local parts store who can charge and test it. Once it is reconnected we will need to reset the windows before the top n be operated and we will need to reset the electronic parking brake but both need to be done once the engine can start. After fully recharging the battery try locking then unlocking the vehicle with the remote then see if it will start. Let me know.