Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.

I have a 2010 jaguar xjl with aftermarket 22"wheels with factory

Customer Question

I have a 2010 jaguar xjl with aftermarket 22"wheels with factory tire pressure sensors. Tire pressure monitor fault is on and won't go away except with factory 19" wheels. I've had it checked at the dealer several times but they don't know what could be causing it? Any suggestions?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Jaguar. The Jaguar Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've purchased a new set of wheels but kept sensors and I've even disconnected the battery. That worked for only a little while but eventually the fault displayed again
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Jaguar Mechanic will know what to do. Is there anything else the Jaguar Mechanic should be aware of about your Jaguar?
Customer: Not that I know of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.
Did you put new Jag sensors int eh new wheels or did you swap over your original sensors? Did you purchase the new sensors from the dealer? Can I have the part number of the new ones if you still have the packaging or receipt?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I purchased the sensors from the jaguar dealer when I first bought rims for the car and they were swapped over from my old set of aftermarket wheels to the new set of wheels that's on the car now. The fault still displays on the screen. It doesn't do it with the original factory wheels. The dealer stated that it could be the aftermarket wheels which is why I purchased a new set hoping the message would go away.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.
Yes since the wheels are oversized this can be throwing off the system since the wheel speeds will be different than the factory size. To be sure we will need to have the fault read from the TPMS module. Since it does not come on with the original wheels it is most likely a calibration issue. The tire size can be changed with the Jag factory tool but the largest size the vehicle can be programmed for is a 20".