Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

I am sorry but i cant afford you folks JA: Sometimes things

Customer Question

i am sorry but i cant afford you folks
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Jaguar. The Jaguar Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Hello
I have a 1987 XJS
It was sitting 4 years and wouldn't run so i replaced fuel and got it running very well. Yesterday when I went to start it wouldn't run but is really trying to. I have spark because i pulled a wire off and grounded it. I checked the fuel in and it is flowing well. One of the wires at the amp was almost off but i fixed it and no change. There is one 10 amp fuse at the drivers side dash panel that is not getting power but right now i don't know which one it is, and I dont think any of the fuses there send power to the ecu
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes,
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have mentioned that just a moment ago
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jaguar Mechanic should know about your Jaguar?
Customer: not that i know of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Eric replied 12 months ago.
HI, Ok, I do need to know the fuse which is not getting any power in order to know if it is related to the current no start condition Also, either pour a little fuel into the throttle body or spray some starting fluid into it and see if it starts and runs for a few seconds and let me know