peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

2001 jaguar s 4.0. Was cranking but had no spark. I changed

Customer Question

2001 jaguar s 4.0. Was cranking but had no spark. I changed the module. On the passager side. By the blower filter. Then no crank changed it back now im getting no crank. Im lost
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Jaguar. The Jaguar Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Fisrt the presure solenoid went in the trany replaced that. Then it stoped having spark but still cranked .so i replaced the module on the right side by the blower motor has 3 plugs. Now no crank go figure
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Trying
JA: Is there anything else the Jaguar Mechanic should be aware of about your Jaguar?
Customer: Thats it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jaguar
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I thought the module controlled the coils all fuses are good
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. One common component I have seen fail/act up before in the past and causes an issue like this here is a fault with the electronic ignition switch itself.I have had to replace this switch before for issues like this here.If you have not had the fault codes read out/checked at all this needs done to see what codes are set using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.Make sure as well that no other wiring or components were bumped loose or damaged in the area the module was replaced causing this fault here.If all is o.k. I would have the codes checked to further diagnose this.The ignition switch is a common failure. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Haven't replaced the key switch yet . cuse i can start it by going across the starter .just trying to double check everything I've done before i go on
I would have the codes checked to see if any are set and if any are they should be diagnosed.I would have the ignition switch tested as well to see if it is the cause of the fault here needing replaced. Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks Pete