Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.

Gear box fault and resricted performance The car has been feeling

Customer Question

gear box fault and resricted performance The car has been feeling like it tries to shift into reverse while driving forward even locking the back wheels up while moving
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Jaguar. The Jaguar Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: shifts fine but when coming to a stop I sometimes feel a jerk and can hear the tires squeal. also when taking off from a stop it does the same thing
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I dont think so
JA: OK! The Jaguar Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Jaguar Mechanic should know about your Jaguar?
Customer: I just bought this car a month ago and all of a sudden it started doing this
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
What year and model Jag? Can you supply the last six of the VIN?