Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.

I just recently got a 2000 s type 3.0 with 120mi. I took

Customer Question

Hi, I just recently got a 2000 s type 3.0 with 120mi. I took it for the state inspection, it failed because the check engine light doesn't come on at all. I checked what fuses and relays I could find in the trunk and under the hood. I had a few mechanics try to figure it out as well, one suggested that it didn't have a check engine light. That was after we took the gauges off and checked the bulbs behind it. So my question is do this car have a check engine light and if so where is it located on the dashboard, please help.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Jaguar. The Jaguar Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If it's possible.Because everyone I took it to don't seem to know.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jaguar Mechanic should know about your Jaguar?
Customer: Yes but it's another issue. I'm getting a reading in the dash saying that the LH repeater or the left side repeater. In any case when I turn on the left signal the rear blinks but the front doesn't. I checked the bulbs but it was good. The dashboard left indercater blinks faster than it used to before.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Yes you should have an engine light. Can I have the last six of your VIN?