Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.

We are trying to locate a module that is mounted to the inside

Customer Question

we are trying to locate a module that is mounted to the inside of the rear bumper cover and has a wire horness that plugs into it. It is missing from the car so we dont' know what it is
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Jaguar. The Jaguar Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: 2014 jaguar xjl
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jaguar Mechanic should know about your Jaguar?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Can I have your VIN? Does it have the same connector on the other side? Can you upload a photo of the connector and area?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
SAJWA2GT7EMV63101 one photo is where is mounts on the cover and the plug that plugs into it
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
That should go to an antenna for the keyless entry system which reads the smart key. The part number should be C2D5083