Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.

Intermittently, second time in the last 6-7 months. Gearbox

Customer Question

Intermittently, second time in the last 6-7 months. Gearbox fault!! 2004 super v8 runs like a bat out of hell!! Happen today, after sitting for awhile outside garage, it okay. Need a straight answer
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Jaguar. The Jaguar Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: That is it!
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, unless it is a rocket science issue.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing, except trying to find transmission and gearbox trouble shooting information fro the manual.... Nothing printed
JA: Is there anything else the Jaguar Mechanic should be aware of about your Jaguar?
Customer: No?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using justanswer.comHas the engine light ever come on? When the warning does come on does the vehicle go into limp mode?