Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Jaguar x type: Richard, I have a 2002 x type Jaguar.

Customer Question

Hi Richard,
I have a 2002 x type Jaguar. Whatever could go wrong has gone wrong This car has been a lemon from day 1. I replaced the fan assembly last year Now the car is blowing cold when I go at a high rate of speed say 50 in the city. When it is idling and hot outside it is blowing warm. I talked to 3 different mechanics. Two said it was the compressor and one said it was the expansion valve. What do you think? This is much appreciated. Thank you.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
Your vehicle does not have an expansion valve so I suspect the issue is more with the valve on the compressor. Can I have your VIN?
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for the VIN. You do not need to open a new question. Just reply back to this post. First we need to check to make sure there is not an excessive amount of leaves or road debris blocking flow through the condenser between the radiator. This could be why you get cooling when moving. We would then need to monitor the system pressures with a set of gauges. If the pressures are low then go normal when you rev up the engine then this is usually the compressor. There was a bulletin to repair the compressor but that sometimes is not the end all fix. We also should remove the orifice tube to check for contaminants but we cannot do this until the system is evacuated.