Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

2009XK My TPMS fault light stays on, but if I deflate one or

Customer Question

2009XK My TPMS fault light stays on, but if I deflate one or more of my tires, the TPMS does indicate that the tire(s) is low, so it is communicating with the module. any ideas.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Jaguar. The Jaguar Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I would like to, but I can take it in if necessary. My tire dealer cant fix it...
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jaguar Mechanic should know about your Jaguar?
Customer: This stared when I had all the transmitters replace because the batteries were getting low.
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Jaguar Mechanic will know what to do. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
There could be a few things that can cause the Tire Pressure System Fault to come on. It could be one or more sensors, initiators which are the parts in the wheel well that signal the sensor or it can be the module. A Jag factory tool will be needed to read the stored faults in the module. We first need to make sure the initiators are in there proper place especially the front which are secured to the undertray at the bottom of each front wheel well. Sometimes they get dislodged and can cause this. Let me know.