Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

Jaguar S-Type: How can you jump start a 2002 Jag type S from

Customer Question

How can you jump start a 2002 Jag type S from under the hood battery dead and in trunk
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 1 year ago.
Look under the boot handle near the number plate light and you'll see a hole where you can use your key to open the boot. Then insert the key to open the trunk. Let me know if you find it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The key will not work that is why I want to jump the car from under the hood
First I would try spraying some lube such as wd40 in the trunk key hole and working the key to free the tumbler. If that fails open the hood and remove the fuse box cover on the fuse box mounted at the right front corner. There is a partially exposed battery cable connection on the left side of the fuse box. Carefully hook up the jumper cable to the exposed terminal and the ground cable to the engine. DO NOT TRY TO START THE CAR LIKE THIS! With the cables hooked up just press the trunk button to gain access to the trunk and properly charge the battery or jump start.Let me know how it goes.