Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I have a Jaguar XK8 Convertible, 2004, and battery is flat

Customer Question

i have a Jaguar XK8 Convertible, 2004, and battery is flat and cannot get in boot to charge, all doors are open , and have bonnet up. what can i do
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: car will not start, i have been away and put car in garage and did not lock doors , as i thought battery may go flat and i was told not disconnect battery, battery is flat need to know hw to get in boot
JA: Got it. The mechanic will have thoughts on how you two can troubleshoot and diagnose this issue. How old is the battery?
Customer: It is only 1year old, as said been away 4mounths
JA: Anything else I can tell the Jaguar Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No just need to be told how to get into boot to charge battery.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
There is a hole in the XK emblem where you can insert the black master key to open the boot. If that does not work then locate the fuse box in the left side of the engine compartment next to the shock tower. There is a thick black cable going to it. Pop off the rubber boot and place the red positive lead of a booster there and the black ground lead of your booster to the vehicle body. This will give you enough power to open the boot electrically.