Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.

Jaguar 2006 XJ8L: I talked w you before on a DSC Code and occasional

Customer Question

I talked w you before on a DSC Code and occasional Airbag code lately, I did read elsewhere about an OBD reader that is able to reset/erase this pesty code , without all kinds of o ther gyrations ....turning wheel left than right and it disappears....Ha!!!2006 Jag XJJ8L
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Unfortunately most OBD II tools will only communicate with the engine ECM and not the ABS/DSC or Air bag module. Since turning the wheel effects this we may have a problem with the clockspring which houses the wiring for the driver airbag. There is also a steering angle sensor that could be the cause which is separate from the clockspring. Without the stored fault this is only an educated guess based on your description.