Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing

Closed by a Customer Representative

Customer Question

Hello, Having a problem with my 2004 Vanden Plas
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I get a message that the left and right signals are not working, and at the same time, the driver seat controls stopped working.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jaguar Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
So both turn signals in both headlamps do not work? DOes all other lighting work? Does the seat move in any direction? DOes the memory work on the seat or mirrors?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's the rear turn signals, and the drivers seat doesn't work at all, memory or not. Both lights, and the issue with the seat happened at the same time.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The mirrors do work. The display states, Left rear turn lamp failed. RT rear turn lamp failed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
As it's getting dark here, I just turned on my headlights. All the lights up front turn on. None of the lights at the rear are working, to include the brake lights.
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Ok so the rear tail lights, brake lights, marker on the bumper, license plate lights, reverse and rear fog lamps also do not work? Does the high mount brake light work?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, the high mount light doesn't work either. None of the lights at the rear are operating. I bought this car last May with 39,900 miles on it. Right now it has 44,800. Over the winter, I noticed some water was gathering inside the trunk. I replaced the weather-stripping, and that fixed it. It's been dry as a bone ever since. Unfortunately, the navigation system went out after I fixed the leak. This all occurred two months ago, and the car has been fine, with the exception that I need to replace the navigation module. Today I went to the grocery store. No big event. I came back to my care, and once I got inside, the memory for my seat didn't work, nor does the controls for the drivers seat. The passenger seat does have power. As I was leaving the parking lot, I got the error message for the turn signals.