john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  15 years as a auto tech
6149662

THE INSURANCE COMPANY TOTALLED MY CAR A 1999 XJ8L. IT HAS 130K

Customer Question

THE INSURANCE COMPANY TOTALLED MY CAR A 1999 XJ8L. IT HAS 130K MILES BUT I'VE MAINTAINED THE ENGINE AND IT DRIVES GOOD. WHAT IS MY CAR WORTH? i prefer to fix it if it is fixable. the car was hit in the rear and the bumper is destroyed and the lid of the trunk is destroyed and the right side corner light is destroyed.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: yes, the insurance company says the parts are too expensive for them to fix it and difficult to get, but I have been restoring the car and i want to fix it and keep it.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Jaguar Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no that is about it
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  john -aka eauto replied 1 year ago.
retail price or price damaged?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Car drives fine, except the fault rear light comes on. What can i expect from the Insurance Company?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already paid the $5.00
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I attached the damage to my Jaguar in the attached files. Please advise if the Jag is fixable. How much ball park cost to fix?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please advise if fixable and ball park cost.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid the $5.00 and thought i will be connected to technician. I attached pictures of the damage.
its fixable...if its just the trunk lid and the rear bumper and light its a 2500 to 3000 dollar repair, if the inner structure or rear trunk floor is damaged its will be a 6 to 7000 dollar repair
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid $5.00 and got nothing. Now you want $26.00 to get an opinion from your expert.I think this is a scam. I am worried my credit card info is not secure.
You should be reported to BBB.
I gave you a answer did you read it? to properly estimate I would need to see under the car and inside the trunk...its fixable...if its just the trunk lid and the rear bumper and light its a 2500 to 3000 dollar repair, if the inner structure or rear trunk floor is damaged its will be a 6 to 7000 dollar repair but the partial pictures I cant see if there is more then bolt on part damage