Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.

Ed Jaguar 1998 xjr battery not charging Light comes on but

Customer Question

Ed Jaguar 1998 xjr battery not charging Light comes on but engine starts
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Why would the car say battery not charging
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jaguar Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
When this warning comes on the vehicle has detected an issue with voltage when the engine is running. This could be a problem with the alternator. We need to check the charging system voltage with a meter while the engine is running to see what the output it. We also need to check the battery and cable connections to make sure all are clean and secure. Also check the power cable located in the passenger rear of the engine compartment.