Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Jaguar XK8: richard, I am Peter Kjellberg at Swedish

Customer Question

Hello richard, I am Peter Kjellberg at Swedish Car Clinic. I have a 2000 Jaguar XK8 conv in. I have replaced all top hoses and flushed the system thoroughly, but I cannot get top to worh unless I manually release the header latch and the the top will go down. Further as I am trying to put the top up the latch should get pressure to open as the top is coming and then go to latch position. do you have a pinout for all switches as to what values I should be looking for at each event of the operation?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
When you press the top down switch do you get a hood or top not latched warning? Did you have this problem before replacing the lines?