peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Fuel pressure is about 360 k, cleaned injectors yesterday

Customer Question

fuel pressure is about 360 k, cleaned injectors yesterday with BG ijector cleaner also added 44k to fuel tank.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Ronnie replied 8 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.In order to be able to help you with your problem, we need to know what your problem is. Please post back with complete information and as many details as you can for what you needing to repair and we can work from there.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
had up stream air leak at intake manifold ,leak has been repaired. fuel pressure test run and no problems found. car acts like its trying to engage two gears at once. if throttle is backed off and then lightly applied will act normal. will not kick down into passing gear. please call me as i don't type very well Lee
Expert:  Ronnie replied 8 months ago.
Has the system been scanned to see if there are any fault codes setting?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
before trip started yesterday had codes for both banks lean and also a code for a small leak in evap system that was a loose gas cap. cleared and retested. system passed at that time
Expert:  Ronnie replied 8 months ago.
So the cars drive normal but the transmission seams like it not shifting correctly, are there any transmission code setting?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no trans codes
Expert:  Ronnie replied 8 months ago.
Well with no fault codes Im not real clear on how to advise you with this one, I will open the post back up for you and perhaps someone else will have something else to add. If they can help, they will respond back to your.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 8 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Do you still need help with this here? Let me know,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i think i have found the problem, the tcm is in a very unfriendly place that will get wet causing shifting and fuel trim problems. also look at the bank 2 o2 sensor for antifreeze contamination Lee
O.k.,if there is anything else I can help with here let me know. Thanks Pete