Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

It is a Jaguar 2007 Vanden Plas Say every other time I start

Customer Question

It is a Jaguar 2007 Vanden Plas Say every other time I start car computer tells me "Cruise Unavailable"
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
The cruise warning can come on for a variety of reasons and it may not even be cruise related. Since it comes on at start up please check the battery and cable connections to make sure all are clean and secure. We should also have the battery tested. It could also be a problem with a brake switch or the cassette module behind the steering wheel. To be sure we will need to have the vehicle scanned for the stored fault codes. A Jag factory tool is needed but we can try using an OBD II scan tool available at your local parts store to see if we can read faults. Let me know.