Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.

Jaguar XJ8: 2004 Jaguar XJ8 air suspension problem. (121,000

Customer Question

2004 Jaguar XJ8 air suspension problem. (121,000 miles)
I left my car at a consignment lot 6 months ago. It didn't sell. I picked it up yesterday & battery was dead. Installed new battery. Air suspension would not lift car. No compressor noise. Dash showed Air Suspension Fault, Vehicle Too Low, Apply Parking Brake, Bonnet Open (it's not open). Lot was not happy I removed car, is it possible he shut something off. No problems hen I dropped off car. Tried reset by unhooking battery for 10 minutes & reconnecting
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Not sure if all these are related. Wonder if maybe a rodent chewed some wiring. The apply brake warning is caused by the battery voltage. With the engine running pump the brakes then hold the pedal and pull up.on the parking brake switch to reset the brake. For the bonnet open there is a micro switch that may have gone bad on the hood latch. We can jump it with a paper clip to see if the warning goes out. For the air suspension is all four corners down on the ground?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
all 4 corners are down and there is no compressor sound
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
OK this could be a problem with the compressor, relay, fuse, height sensor, module or a leak. Please check fuse #6) 40 amp) in the engine fuse box as well as relay R1. Then try starting the vehicle and open then close the driver door to see if the compressor turns on.