peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Jaguar XF Luxury: Was getting message on my 2010 xf battery

Customer Question

Was getting message on my 2010 xf battery low, recharged battery. Week later check engine light come on, code come up po411 secondary air injection. Put in shop had the part replaced (1400.00). Its been a week and half code has come back and it want pass state inspection.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 8 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. If the shop did not replace the pump relay and fuse checked to see if it needs replaced this is needed.One other cause is a check valve failure in the exhaust as one of the check valves for the secondary air injection system can fail and cause this code here as well.These need to be checked into to locate which is at fault here then replaced from there.I do suspect the pump control relay needs tested and replaced if needed as it is common to fail when the pump fails.If this was not done it causes the code to come right back again like this here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Will have those things looked into
Sounds good. Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks Pete