Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as an Automotive tech
7276279

My husband called and said that the top went Down a little

Customer Question

My husband called and said that the top went Down a little bit then stopped on our 2008 jag xkr convertible. I told him to check the little "shade cover thing" in the trunk because if it's not perfect then top won't work. He tried that and turned car off then restarted car but top still won't budge anymore.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Yes. I had the car washed the other day and they cleaned the trunk and also had to jump the battery so I think they didn't put everything back right.(I had left door ajar overnight, so battery ran down).
JA: Anything else I can tell the Jaguar Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Nope, that's it.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Ronnie replied 8 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.In order to be able to begin any repair on the top you are going to need to start first with having the system scanned to see that the fault code and or code is that should be setting . Once you have the fault code and or codes then the proper pinpoint test will need to be performed to determine what has failed. I have enclosed the steps in the link below along with a list of possible faults. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view the file.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Convertiable%20Top%20Apr%209.pdf