Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Jaguar XF Premium Luxury: RIC,,IM ROD AND THIS IS WHAT I

Customer Question

HI RIC,,IM ROD AND THIS IS WHAT I HAVE ....2010 JAGUAR XF PREMIUM PACKAGE...THE BRAKE PAD LOW WARNING LIGHT CAME ON SO I CHECKED IT AND PUT ON ALL NEW DISCS AL NEW CERAMIC PADS AND THE TWO BRAKE PAD LOW SENSORS..CHECKED THE BRAKE FLUID RESERVOIR AND DONE...EVERYTHING LOOKS GREAT AND WORKS GREAT..AND I SET UP THE EMERGECY PARKING BRAKE...BUT THE BRAKE PADS LOW WARNING LIGHT STILL COMES ON....HELLLLP!!!! JAG DEALER IN PUERTO RICO CLOSED ABOUT 5 YEARS AGO AND WE DONT HAVE EXPERIENCE JAG MECHS....
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using justanswer.comThere is no reset needed as the sensors just complete the circuit for the system. Look closely at the other side of the sensor harness to make sure the wiring pins are not loose or broken. It is also possible we have a defective sensor. We can use an ohm meter to ohm them out. Usually this is just an issue with the sensor harnesses. Let me know.