Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I own a 2007 Jaguar XK Coupe. At the last scheduled maintainance

Customer Question

I own a 2007 Jaguar XK Coupe. At the last scheduled maintainance the technician noted the water pump was starting to leak. The fact that they didnt bother to show me what they saw is bothersome. Whats your experience with this issue?Will
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Invoice simple states, " water pump is starting to leak $720 parts and labor"
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jaguar Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using justanswer.comI do not see a lot of issues with leaking water pumps on these vehicles but it is possible. I see more leaks from the thermostat housings if your vehicle is not supercharged. As far as the price that is in range of what that job costs. I would just feel more comfortable if we are certain the pump is leaking and it is not the housing. Let me know.