Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.

Jaguar XF Supercharged: , I need to replace the EGR inlet

Customer Question

Hello, I need to replace the EGR inlet hose on a 2009 Jaguar XF Supercharged. Is this possible without any special tools? Also, Do I have to remove the Supercharger?
Thank you in advance
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
You really don't need any special tools and I normally do not remove the supercharger but it is not an easy job. I remove the EGR valve with the tube then replace the tube since getting to the two 10mm bolts on the top of the tube is almost impossible in the car. Remove the wiper cowl and coverings in the rear to get to the valve. Rove the 8mm bolts holding the valve to the bypass plate. Some had torx screws. Then remove the nuts on the exhaust. You can then remove the valve with the tube. Depending on the condition of the two studs on the exhaust manifold removing them will also help.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm asking about the EGR Inlet Hose, not the tube. Can you tell me if the hose need any special tools and how to replace it. Does the Supercharger have to be replaced. If so, are they any special instructions to remove the SuperCharger
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Sorry for the delay. Do you still need assistance with this.