FixItMan, Master Technician

Jaguar XJR: ,I have a 2005 XJR and the brakes are extremely

Customer Question

,I have a 2005 XJR and the brakes are extremely touchy. Whenever the car is moving slowly and I touch the brake pedal, even lightly, the brakes grab as if I jammed the brake pedal all the way to the floor. Any ideas on what might be causing that to happen? Also, the pads and rotors seem to be in good condition.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  FixItMan replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Most of the time this is caused by the wrong pads being used on the vehicle. This car is designed to use a specific material in the brake pads and if that is not used and if the rotors are not new with new pads this will occur. It can also be a master cylinder issue, but that is not as common. If it seems like it is only doing that on one of the front tires then it may be a worn out suspension bushing, but not if the entire vehicle is grabbing. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance.