Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.

The cruise control light is on but when you go to use it a

Customer Question

the cruise control light is on but when you go to use it a engine fault comes up but resets when you shut the car off
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: no, it says engine fault , that's it
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Jaguar Mechanic to figure that out. Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
What year and model? Does the engine run rough at all?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
97 XK8, no the engine runs fine
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
We may have a problem with the brake switch or it can be a broken vacuum line. Go to the throttle and you will see a vacuum line. Trace it back and make sure it is not broken. We also will need to have the vehicle scanned for the stored fault codes. A Jag factory tool is needed to do this but we can try using an OBD II scan tool available at your local parts store. Let me know.