rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

I have a 2000 Jaguar S-Type. I believe thered a timing chain

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Jaguar S-Type. I believe thered a timing chain issue. While driving the car shut down..The check engine light came on all in one other indication
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: While driving check engine lime came on...and the car shut down..prior to that the gearbox failure came up then went away. ..nothing more until while driving car shut down..I researched to find out what happened. I had the oil changed within the last 4 months..but when I checked it it was dry..there was no indication of low oil. The car has 81600 original miles. Problem started after my neighbor side swiped my car
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jaguar Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confidentwe can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skilllevel. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies toget to satisfactory results. Please be patient!I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it.That's possible, but to be sure, let's first check the codes and go from there. Other possibilities are a loss of spark or fuel and we can test those systems too along with a compression test.Thanks, Ron