rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

I do not have obd2 sensor codes yet but the issue happens to

Customer Question

I do not have obd2 sensor codes yet but the issue happens to be the restricted performance. whines at take off and slow to get off the mark. hits near 3000 rpm and backs off then spins back up only to back off again
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
Customer: unknown. I just purchased the vehicle and was told the trans was worked on less then 40,000 mi
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: temp runes good, engine runs smoothly, all other systems in vehicle seems to run smooth
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Jaguar Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: this seems to be it and thankyou :)
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confidentwe can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skilllevel. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies toget to satisfactory results. Please be patient!I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it.Trans fluid needs to be clean and full. Pan needs to be dropped and an inspection done of the clutches and valve body. This will let us know what needs to be done next.Thanks, Ron