Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as an Automotive tech
7276279

2004 wont start just chimes/like it does if the car is not

Customer Question

2004 wont start just chimes/like it does if the car is not in park when being started. radio wont come on with key in accessory position no dash gauge movement . just chimes
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Ronnie replied 8 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.The first thing you need to do is to make sure the battery is fully charged and the connections are clean and tight. Check this for me and post back with the results . While your checking the battery also see if the headlight will turn on . Let me know and we can work from there.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi. Thank you. I am responding for my husband. I took the battery to be tested yesterday and the battery is good. I did find a blown fuse so I replaced the fuse and the car would start, but the windows/mirrors won't work now. When I put in a 5 amp fuse it blows the windows and mirrors, when I put in a 10 amp fuse, it blows the ignition.
Expert:  Ronnie replied 8 months ago.
Dont replace the fuse with a larger one as it can cause damage, can you give me the actual fuse number in the fuse panel that blowing?