Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing

My xj8 4.0 whenever started cold has restricted performance

Customer Question

Hi my xj8 4.0 whenever started cold has restricted performance wich goes off whenever running temp is achieved .
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Yes runs great whenever temp is reached
JA: Anything else I can tell the Jaguar Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Yes sometimes whenever started the restricked performance doesn't go on for a couple of mins
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
What year is your XJ? Have you had the vehicle scanned for the stored fault codes?