Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

My father replaced the battery in s Jaguar 2006 3.0 AWD

Customer Question

My father replaced the battery in his Jaguar 2006 3.0 AWD X-type 4 door sedan
vin# ***** . Now the car will not start. Is there a re-setting procedure? Thanks. Steve
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Is the engine cranking but not starting or not even cranking? Was the vehicle not starting before the battery was replaced?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Car was starting prior. Now after battery change no nothing. No turn over or clicking. Steve
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
OK go back over the cable connections and make sure nothing may be on the battery like a cover over one of the posts. Also make sure the cable ends are not corroded or cracked. If all is clean and secure then disconnect the negative battery terminal for about an hour. In that time also check the inertia switch to make sure it has not been tripped. To reset it just depress the top of it. It is located behind the passenger side kick panel. There should be a hole in the panel where you can put your finger through to depress the top of it. Let me know.