Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

I have a 9197 Jaguar xk8 and I locked my keys in the

Customer Question

I have a 9197 Jaguar xk8 and I locked my keys in the trunk.the car ws locked so i opened the it with a hanger and the alarm went off. this shut down the electric system and the a trunk button will not open the trunk. Is there a way to bypass the system and get tse trunk open?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Doc. Jaguar replied 8 months ago.

Your vehicle is now in security lock out. Read your owners book, but most likely your towing it to a Jaguar shop that will reset it for you nomally no charg, or the dealer will do it for you, nomally around $150.00. Normally the dealer is your best bet, unless you have a really good Jag shop.