Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.

2004 jaquar xj8 in limp mode, getting no dcs, engine fault

Customer Question

Hi Richard, 2004 jaquar xj8 in limp mode, getting no dcs, engine fault parking brake fault on dash . Any thoughts ?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Car will only go about 5 mph .
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jaguar Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using justanswer.comUsually the cause of the limp warning could be a problem with the electronic throttle system. On early 2004 XJ vehicles I have seen some wiring faults. To be sure we will need to have the vehicle scanned for the stored fault codes. A Jag factory tool is needed to do this but we can try using a generic OBD II scan tool available at most major auto parts stores. Usually just turning the vehicle off and waiting for a few minutes will reset it. If the fault code is a P0121 or P2135 then this is most likely a throttle fault. Let me know.