Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.

We are replacing the lower control arms on the 08 jag x

Customer Question

We are replacing the lower control arms on the 08 jag x type. The lower bolt will not come out. It wiggles and turns but won't come out. Nothing on the back to stop it like rust or anything. Suggestions?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried banging it out, my husband sprayed something on it to try and get any rust or dirt off. He's been working on it for a couple hours and the bolt just won't come out
JA: My old Jeep sounds like a steam radiator sometimes. It must be old age. The Jaguar Mechanic will know what your noise means and what to do about it. Is there anything else the Jaguar Mechanic should be aware of about your Jaguar?
Customer: That has nothing to do with my problem
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
This is the front lower control arm? Which bolt is it?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Rear and lower bolt
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
OK sounds like it is the short trailing arms held on by the two 15mm bolts. When this happens the bolt is seized to the bushing so when you are turning the bolt the metal insert in the bushing is also turning. This makes removing it difficult. When this happens we use a sawsal with a good metal cutting blade and cut in between the frame and the arm and then cut at the arm so that we can then just turn out the bolt with the bushing.